Silver is a shade of gray, usually more shining and attractive. The effect of silver color at artwork can be achieved by an artist through a complex combination of standard colors or simply by using the silver paint. It has a high-tech, industrial effect and looks more contemporary than, for example, gold; well-balanced in internal design by literally any color. Abstract silver art is about reflection and looking forward to the future, it fits great for bedrooms and living rooms.
Silver is a multicolored reflection. It’s loved by people who like preciseness, cleanliness, and laconism. As a complicated conversion of grey and blue, silver reflects all colors at once. Contrary to common belief, silver is difficult to use. Unlike grey, silver will never be a background color. It can amplify, deepen other colors, but it can increase disharmony, reveal color tastelessness. If grey is a king of the background then silver is a master of accent. Silver paintings are dynamic and light accelerates them. No light, no play! But should you turn the light on, pull out the window curtains, and everything will revive and get in movement. A silver painting starts changing. It’s different all the time.
The best interior colors for a silver painting
- White, grey. Both colors make the room visually larger. A silver painting adds space and light to such interior. It’s a good solution for the living room and bedroom. Look at our white and grey paintings as well.
- Claret red. Elegant or mild severity. The mix of claret red and silver is good for the dining room but can be quite tiresome.
- Blue. Clear shades of blue will add the air to the interior. A silver painting can make it fresh but not cold. You can get some fresh ideas by checking out our blue paintings collection.
- Green. Make the interior homey and cozy. A silver painting will enhance this feeling. It’s easy to relax in such a room. Feel free to select some green paintings here!
- Navy. The mix of navy and silver can make any living or dining room elegant and cold. Gives the feeling of calmness and kind strictness.
The best rooms for silver paintings
There shouldn’t be too much silver at home. You can hang one canvas in the living room, dining room, office, hallway, or bedroom. Of course, you can surround it with smaller paintings of an appropriate color. But keep in mind that silver does not tolerate any misbehavior, it’s an aristocrat! Add a bit of silver in chandeliers, candelabra, décor items, and let a silver painting underline their shape and beauty.