The bedroom is one of the main parts of a house or apartment. Each element of decor and interior design should have its own meaning and the right location. It is necessary to use the painting above the bed in the bedroom consciously and in accordance with the goals that you want to achieve.
Feng Shui Paintings In The Bedroom: What You Need To Know
Feng Shui is ancient teaching about the flows of energy around us. It is believed that if you do not hinder, but rather help them, you can get good health, harmonious family relationships, financial well-being, and much more. Here are some tips for placing bedroom paintings.
1. Choosing the right plot
A very important chakra is located on the crown of a person's head. If you hang a painting over a headboard, it will act directly on it. For the influence to be favorable, you need to choose the right plot. Let it be calm beautiful landscapes: forest, flowers, butterflies. Do not hang over your head images of natural disasters, aggressive animals, etc.
2. We visualize the cherished desire
To make your dream come true, you need to depict it in a drawing, and then hang it over the headboard or directly opposite the bed. For example, if you want harmonious family relationships or you need to find your soul mate, so-called paired images are selected. It can be a man and a woman, flowers or trees, scenes from happy family life.
3. Exclude a water image
Feng Shui masters do not recommend using "water" motives in the bedroom. In some cases, canvases are acceptable where there is a small amount of water, but it must be motionless. Pictures with turbulent rivers, rushing streams and waterfalls can disrupt the harmony of energies in the room.
Feng Shui Rules For Placing Paintings
The ancient feng shui system divides the room into zones, it also makes special demands on the placement of interior items and their themes.
- If you use pictures for the bedroom, you must like it. Images that are off-putting or annoying affect your emotional state negatively and spoil the aura of the room.
- It is important that feng shui paintings in the bedroom should not carry negative and aggressive tendencies. Choose positive images and pleasant shades.
- Now various dried insects are popular for interior decoration, but Feng Shui is against such decor.
- A herbarium or a panel with the use of dried herbs and flowers possesses dead energy, if you need a picture in the bedroom above the bed, then it is better to refuse this option.
- It is not recommended to hang abstract images in the living space, but if you do choose them, then they should carry a positive emotional load.
- Paintings created with stones are considered auspicious; amber is especially appreciated – it is a yellow stone that carries solar and positive energy.
- When purchasing images with applied hieroglyphs, be sure to ask about their meaning. Each hieroglyph is designed to activate a certain type of energy; too active sign can lead to restless sleep and even conflicts. In addition, the hieroglyph should be drawn as accurately as possible, its distortions can lead to unexpected manifestations.
What Paintings Are Suitable For a Bedroom In Feng Shui?
Before you hang the image at the head of the bed, figure out what you want to end up with.
- People who wish to maintain or create a new relationship should absolutely not hang images of a lonely person, especially a sad one.
- To refresh relationships, hang pictures of beautiful flowers, a feng shui picture of peonies in the bedroom is a good choice.
- To normalize the energy of the house and the relations of residents with each other, hang images that evoke feelings of stability, clarity, for example, with a happy family, a beautiful home.
- The path of the painting to you is very important. If it previously hung in a house where a misfortune happened or the family was destroyed, then such an image should be discarded, no matter whether you like it or not.
- When choosing feng shui paintings for the bedroom, it is advisable to use beautiful frames.
How to Choose a Color Scheme
Another rule says: paintings for the bedroom must be in harmony with the overall color scheme of the room. There are a few tips to consider:
- Choose pastel, muted colors. They do not provoke an emotional outburst.
- Good natural colors: blue, ocher, green, all shades of brown. The tones are very easy to perceive, allow you to quickly relax.
- Bright saturated colors are undesirable, although they are possible as an exception. They are believed to be arousing and interfering with relaxation.
- White symbolizes peace and purification, therefore it is very appropriate.
How to Choose The Size And Shape Of The Painting
Even if the plot and color scheme is ideal for the bedroom, the picture may still "not fit" into it. And the reason for this may be its size. An image that is too large or too small will ruin the design. If you hang a small canvas, it will "get lost" on the wall, and a massive piece can visually reduce the room.
To find the perfect size, remember a few simple guidelines:
- Correlate the dimensions of the picture and the object over which it will hang. If the image will be placed over a bed or dresser, its width should be at least half the length of the furniture.
- Correlate the area of the room and the size of the canvas. Large rooms require massive decor, small ones – elegant solutions.
- Correlate the point of view with the size of the picture. Ideally, the height of the canvas will be half the distance from the image to the intended point of view.
- Correlate the direction of the canvas with the height of the ceiling. Vertical paintings visually stretch walls, horizontal ones, respectively, reduce. The correct selection of the image can correct the layout flaws.
Our TOP 10 Feng Shui paintings to bring the positive vibes home
All paintings presented in this article and many many more can be purchased at paintings for bedroom.